The concept of integrated noise and vibration solutions leads to a more efficient use of energy and weight savings in vehicles. Pursuing the different concept in a holistic approach,
Green City Car aims to demonstrate the feasibility of applying active systems to NVH-related problems of advanced power trains from a system point-of-view. This holistic approach should lead to a reduction in noise and vibrations levels in the order of 10 dB(A) and more measurable in the city car provided.
The overall expected results of the project are summarised as follows:
- Provision of an holistic approach of noise and vibration control for city cars
- Validation of the feasibility of an integrated noise & vibration control on vehicle level having
- same interior noise, possibly reduced exterior noise with significant weight reduction and improved fuel consumption as compared to the state-of-the-art vehicle
- costs potentially competitive with conventional solutions
- Provision of an integrated noise & vibration control on vehicle level resulting in significant less noise and vibrations levels at same weight and energy consumption
- Increased modularity of integrated noise & vibration control
- Increased acceptance of city cars with energy efficient power trains from comfort point of view.
Project Run Time: September 1, 2009 – August 31, 2012
Project Reference: SCP8-GA-2009-233764
June 20, 2017, 12:28